Monday, March 4, 2013

Crack Weenies


You know the saying, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomache"?  Well I hit it right on the head with this one.  Bacon, little smokies, butter and brown sugar-I'm postivie this meal had a straight affect on his heart...and cholesterol levels.


I know this is more of an appetizer than a meal, but when you're the cook you get to decide the menu and I love appetizers!  It is a very simple recipe and the kiddos loved it too!  I did prep it the night before by rolling all of the weenies in the bacon.  Doing this allowed me to hang with my boys rather than rushing around the kitchen to get dinner started.


Directions for Crack Weenies:
Roll each weenie in  1/3 strip of bacon.  (it took me almost a whole package of bacon for a package of little weenies)  Melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup of brown sugar.  Pour over weenies.  Sprinkle with another cup of brown sugar over the weenies.  Cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes.  Turn and cook for 5 more minutes until crisp.  ENJOY!!!! 

(I followed the recipe, but I think you could get by with less butter and brown sugar)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1