Thursday, April 25, 2013

From the mouth of babes




I often have moments where my children do or say something and I think, "oh man I need to write that down".   Well, where better to chronicle their super cute moments than on our family blog.  I was very fortunate to have two of those moments within these last few weeks.  Totally random and somewhat embarrassing, but memorable!

Last week while at t-ball practice my 4 year old, Parker, noticed a very pregnant woman.  I could see him eyeing her a bit.  At that moment I remember thinking- I wish I knew what he was thinking.  Fast forward about 1 minute, I along with the rest of the parents standing by me were made aware of his questioning thoughts!
"Mom, what does that girl have in her shirt?"
"What."  -I was well aware of what he said but that was just the first thing that popped out (no pun intended)
"I said, what's in her shirt?  Is there a baby in her shirt?"
"Yes, Parker.  But it's not in her shirt.  It's in her belly.  Like when you were little and Nolan was in my belly."  - Why did I even go there???
"Oh, ok."  -Pause and some more thinking in his head...."uh, is that baby going to come out her mouth?"
Not sure how to respond, I told him we'd discuss it when we got home.  He is 4, so telling the truth is out of the question...it would most definitely scare him and bring on all sorts of other questions.  Heck I'm 30 and I still get scared thinking about going through it again sometime.  Do people still use the stork story?  He has seen Dumbo so I could totally pull it off.  Lucky for me...he forgot.  So, I have some time to come up with a plan before the next Q & A session!

I'm not sure what's up with that kid but he had another "moment" the other night when I was laying with him in bed.

"Mom, how much did I cost."
"What are you talking about?"
"How much did you have to pay for me?"
"What do you mean"
"When I was a baby and now I'm getting so big...how much did I cost when I 
was a baby and you got me?"
"Parker, I didn't just go to a store and buy you.  Remember, you were in my belly just like Nolan was.  Did someone tell you I bought you?  Why did you ask me that?"
"I don't know.  Let's pretend we are camping...". -Once again lucky for me...he moved on.  I guess his attention span is not on track with his questioning mind!

Now, as for our littlest guy...he doesn't do a whole lot of talking, but he has his fair share of random cuteness!! 
Exhibit A:




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1