Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Right around the corner

This is a reminder to all my readers that Mother's Day is right around the corner. Not that you needed reminding!  Here are a few of my top picks for some practical gifts for your wonderful mother!

Have you had a family picture taken lately?  I'm sure all my younger parent readers get them taken often, but as a whole whole family...grandparents, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, cousins?  We had some Mattingly family pictures taken last year as a gift to my parents.  It was the perfect gift!  It also made designing our Christmas cards easier. 

Does your mom like jewelry?  I usually wear costume jewelry but really love the mother's rings my boys have given me.  Think outside the box...if your mom doesn't wear rings then maybe earrings or a necklace with their birthstone.  Mine are not "wear everyday" rings.  Better yet, Brandon had Parker's birthstone ring designed just for me after a jeweler and I had a conversation about, "big 'o honking stones" at a wedding.  I'm sure you can imagine that conversation!  I also love the name charms a friend gave to me when my children were born.  They scream mother's day! 



Is your mom a master of the kitchen?  A few years ago we put together an herb garden for our mom.  We purchased an iron rack and some terra cotta pots and filled them with herbs.  Even if she doesn't find herself using fresh herbs often, it just looks nice on a patio!


Wrought Iron Plant Stand -BONUS...it's 30% off!!

Is your mom an entertainer? (maybe I should clarify that...)  Meaning does she enjoy hosting friends and family for events?  If so, wouldn't some fun table linens or service ware be a neat thing.  Something that maybe she wouldn't go out and buy for herself but would love to have. 

Linens 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1