Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Country Club Chicken



I'm not sure where the name "Country Club Chicken" came from, but call it whatever you wish...Either way it is WAY Good.  Be sure to check out other DIY projects, recipes and decorating tips at the Inspire Me Link Party
Ingredients:
1 pound spaghetti
4 chicken breasts
1 large onion
7 oz mushrooms
1 can concentrated cream of mushroom soup
4 or 5 slices bacon
1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
2/3 cup sharp cheddar
1 apple
butter or oil
salt & pepper
Cook the bacon. 
While the bacon is cooking: mince the onion, chop the apple and cut the mushrooms.  
When the bacon is finished, remove it from the pan and brown the chicken on both sides in that same pan (you may need to add a bit of butter or oil...depending on how fatty your bacon was).  Once browned, remove from pan and put in a baking dish.
Using the same frying pan, sauté the onion and mushroom. After about 5 minutes of sautéing add the apple pieces.  Sauté for another 3 minutes.  
Add the crumbled bacon pieces.  Add salt and pepper.  Add dry white wine (I used chicken broth instead). Add concentrated cream of mushroom soup.  Add the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  
Stir together.  Pour over the chicken breast in the baking dish.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. (Or until chicken is cooked and the sauce is bubbly hot)
While it's baking cook the noodles.
Put the chicken and sauce over the noodles and enjoy.  I garnished with a small piece of bacon.  And just in case you're wondering if your kiddos will like it....
Nolan decided he wanted his plate AND mine!
-Audra

2 comments:

  1. Oh YUM...this looks fabulous! This would be great to link-up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-4-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie, I just linked it! Thanks and have a great weekend!! I'm adding you to my daily blog reel so I will be sure to link up each Thursday. I'm hoping to have my jewelry organizer project finished so I can link that next time!

      Delete

 
UA-58667833-1