Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spaghetti



You will never find me ordering spaghetti or a marinara centered meal at a restaurant because I have never been able to find a sauce that compares to my mom's.  I have stopped trying to find one, because it doesn't exist.  In my mind  my mom's spaghetti is the best.  Brandon likes to just eat the sauce without the noodles!  I cringe when I think about sharing this recipe with you because to me it should be kept a family secret.  But, then I realized that she has already shared this recipe in local cookbooks so I might as well just let you have it too!!

Here ya go- ENJOY!!

Spaghetti Sauce:

1lb Hamburger
1 large Onion
2 cans (15oz) Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 can Tomato Paste
1 can Water
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Celery Seed
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 cup Green Pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup White Cooking Wine (optional...I don't add this)

Brown hamburger.  Drain excess fat.  Add onions, green pepper; mix well.  Add other ingredients and simmer 1-2 hours, adding water occasionally and stirring.  Stir more frequently to prevent sticking as sauce thickens.
Serve over spaghetti.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1