Monday, June 17, 2013

6 simple words

I came across this blog post the other day and immediately wanted to share it with every parent I know.  Here's a little sneak peak of The Hands Free Mama as she "lets go...to grasp what really matters."


The next time you feel the need to guide, instruct, or criticize after a ball game, performance, or extracurricular activity, instead consider six simple words: “I love to watch you play.”
Furthermore, if you become emotional simply by watching someone you love in action, consider these six words, “I love to watch you _______.“
In some cases, less is more.
Less can be exactly what they need to hear. No pressure … just love, pure and simple.
Go here to read the rest of her post!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Audra! My kids are teens, so as you can imagine, almost everything I say is taken as a criticism. I am going to try this out for sure. I am going to share this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Be sure to let me know how it goes. :).

      Delete

 
UA-58667833-1