Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Creamed spinach and mushroom smothered chicken and crescent roll asparagus




Ok, so I don't have an official recipe for these but it doesn't matter because whatever I did worked!!  I had found a recipe for a mushroom and creamed spinach smothered chicken, but I really didn't feel like doing all of the steps in order to make the creamed spinach when you can buy it at the store.  So, if your on board with my plan, then here you go:
Creamed Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 10 oz creamed spinach, thawed (I have only used Green Giant)
oil (small amount for sautéing)
1 cup onion
I package fresh mushrooms
Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
Directions:
Season the chicken.  In a skillet brown both sides of the chicken  breasts.  Then put them in a baking dish and bake until cooked through.  In that same skillet, sauté onion and mushrooms.  Then add the package of creamed spinach.  Add grated Monterrey jack cheese.  Stir and continue to heat until chicken is finished.  Once chicken is cooked, top with mushroom and creamed spinach mixture.  Add grated cheese before serving.
  
Now, onto the asparagus.  A few months ago my mother in law made these crescent roll wrapped asparagus as a side and they were so good.  Luckily I watched her as she made them so I was able to copy what she did without having the actual recipe.  I hope you like them as much as we do!
Crescent Roll Wrapped Asparagus 
 Ingredients:
1 bundle asparagus
oil
season salt
1 package crescent rolls
Directions:
Clean the asparagus and cut ends.  Wrap the asparagus in thin strips of the crescent roll dough.  Lay onto a baking sheet.  Repeat with the rest of the asparagus    Lightly coat with oil and sprinkle with season salt.  Bake on the top rack at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until crescent rolls are done and the asparagus is cooked)
It was pretty fun to just go with the flow and make a meal without having to read step by step directions.  Do you have any yummy recipes that you have just made up as you went along?  If so, I'd love to hear about them! 
-Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1