Monday, August 26, 2013

T.H.I.N.K

Just the other day I was thinking to myself how technically advanced our generation's children are going to be.  Kids these days are iPad, iPhone and tablet wizards.  With this immense knowledge also comes immense risk and responsibility.  The Internet is a scary place.  There are scary people, scary hackers and scary situations everywhere! I often question whether I should allow our lives to be such an open book on our blog.  On the flip side there are a lot of mistakes children and teens can make causing them to be the problem. 
Not only do we need to teach our children how to avoid dangerous situations but we also need to teach them to T.H.I.N.K before they tweet, blog, comment or text.  Heck, I know a few adults that could benefit from this!

T- is it true?
H- is it helpful?
I- is it inspiring?
N- is it necessary
K-is it kind?

Many children have their own devices and are allowed to use them unsupervised.  Do your kids know  to T.H.I.N.K first?
-Audra






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1