Friday, January 10, 2014

High Five for Friday-Snowmageddon 2014

Ok, so it didn't snow as bad as expected here, but we were stuck in the house for a few days none the less. With the temperature being so low it meant we had to play inside.  And playing inside for too long makes for some pretty antsy boys in my house.  Here's our high five from this chilly flipping freezing week!

1.  DIY Star Lab
I wish I could take credit for this but I can't.  My 5 year old, Parker, gets the cred for this.  Vented pizza pan (or you could punch holes in a disposable pan) placed over a flashlight displays a star scene on the ceiling.  The kids had fun with this for hours.  Parker even crashed on the couch under the stars at night!


2.  Arctic Play
Tub of frozen water with a little splash pond was an instant hit...until their fingers got so cold and turned bright red!  (yes, I am aware that those are not arctic animals.  Use your imagination-it's all we had people)




3.  Iced Mocha
I mastered the "use what you have" iced mocha.  Coffee, hot chocolate and ice cubes- works for me!  (it really was pretty good)
**so your drink doesn't get watered down when the ice melts, freeze prepared coffee in an ice tray instead of regular ice cubes**

4.   My sister took my dad to his first Colts game.  And boy, what a great game to see!!

5.  The boys love the color changing tablets and bubbles that Santa brought them!!


Happy Friday!!
-Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1