Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Taco Tuesday-Mexican Pizza


Needing something a little different for next week's Taco Tuesday?  How about some Mexican Pizza?!?  Here's my low calorie version.


What you'll need:
Tortilla Shells (I use whole wheat)
EVOO (or whatever oil you like to use)
1 can Refried Beans
1 lb Hamburger (I use turkey burger)
1 packet Taco Seasoning
Taco Cheese
Salsa
Taco Sauce
Green Onion
Tomato
Black Olives

Optional: Sour cream or Guacamole as a side

Directions:
Lightly coat the tortilla shells with oil.  Broil 2-3 minutes on each side.  Keep your eye on them.  As you can see from my picture I burnt a corner of my tortilla shells.

Cook the hamburger/turkey burger and season with taco seasoning as normal.

Lay broiled tortilla shells out.  You will need 2 per Mexican Pizza.

Cover the bottom tortilla shell with Salsa, Meat and Cheese.

Spread refried beans on the top tortilla.  When covered flip it over on top of the bottom tortilla so bean covered side touches the cheese on the bottom tortilla.

Spread Salsa and Cheese on top.  Drizzle the Taco Sauce.  Sprinkle Green Onion, Black Olives and Tomato on top.  

Bake until Cheese is melted.  

Chow Down!



-Audra

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Audra. I am pinning this and putting it on our menu this week! Of course, the is no "optional" when it comes to sour cream in my house! ;) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim...You're the best! Let me know what you think of the Mexican Pizzas after you make them!!!

      Delete

 
UA-58667833-1