Monday, November 17, 2014

Caramel Apple Poke Cake

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do when shopping at the mall with my parents was get a caramel apple from this shop in one of the fingers of the mall.  They were so big and juicy.  I absolutely loved them.  I'm pretty sure caramel apples are a favorite sweet snack of mine.  So in true "Audra loves caramel apples" fashion, I am going to share with you a caramel apple dessert that I think you'll love too!
I recently took this to a carry in we had at school.  It went over very well...and it's super easy to make.    

Caramel Apple Poke Cake:

15.25 Pillsbury Vanilla Cake Mix
4 Egg Whites
1/2 C Water
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
21 oz Can Apple Pie Filling
12 oz Caramel Sauce
8 oz Whipped Topping
1 C Toffee Bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9X13 pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and cinnamon.  Mix in the water, vanilla and egg whites until fluffy and fully combined.
Chop up the canned apple filling. (I just put my knife in the opened can and chopped away)
Add the apple filling to the cake mix.
Pour the batter into the greased pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.
Let the cake stand for about 15 minutes after baking .  Poke holes throughout the cake about 1-2 inches apart.  (I used the handle of a wooden spoon)
Warm the caramel sauce. Pour over cake.
Refrigerate overnight.  Before serving, cover with whipped topping and toffee bits.
Enjoy!!
-Audra





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-58667833-1